The Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT) program will provide the student with knowledge and skills of advanced patient assessment and treatment of the sick and injured persons in the community. This program will combine many disciplines of learning including, classroom, internet, simulation and clinical aspects of education to provide the student with many opportunities to excel within the program and the community. This course will include all aspects of emergency medical care that an Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT) is permitted to provide throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. This course will follow the current National Education Standards for the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician.
Co-requisites: (must be valid through examination date)
- Current EMT Certification in good standing with the state.
- BLS Certification
- Hazmat Awareness
- NIMS 100, 200, 700, 800
- Maintain a 70% or higher cumulative grade on written examinations.
- Complete all practical lab sessions with satisfactory performance.
- Participate in online activities and complete assignments as scheduled.
- Obtain clearances as required by the PA Child Protective Services Law (CPSL), PA Criminal Clearance and FBI fingerprint clearance.
- Provide a current medical physical screening, vaccination history, and drug screening.
- Complete required clinical hours (minimum of 150 hours) and associated objectives at an approved facility and/or service.
Registration Policy: Seats are filled on a first come, first serve basis when tuition is paid in full. We do not hold any seats for individuals and cannot accomodate adding extra seats into a class for late registration.
Refund Policy: To be eligible for a refund, students must request the refund at least 10 business days prior to the start of the class. No refunds will be issued after this time.
- This is a hybrid class which requires considerable time commitments outside of the regularly scheduled lab days.
- Internet access is required for course activities outside of scheduled class hours and testing purposes.
- An additional exam fee will be changed by PearsonVue testing sites for the cognitive examinations
- Alexander, M. (et. Al.). (2017). Advanced EMT: A Clinical-Reasoning Approach Second Edition. Pearson Publishing.
- Clinical Uniform