Hybrid / Blended Certified Personal Trainer
Get all the information needed to start an exciting fitness career & become a Certified Personal Trainer. The self-paced course with optional scheduled online lectures with a top 5 star teacher will cover 15 hours on anatomy, exercise physiology, kinesiology, biomechanics, nutrition and more. The in-person practical skill labs role play and reviews essential hands on skills to master assessing clients, stretching, warm ups/cool downs, exercise analysis with execution, programming design and much more. The course includes the national test vouchers ($450 value) and extra access to our online CPT course to review lectures and labs at no extra cost! W.I.T.S. 30 hour optional employer internship (Level 2 Certification) helps walk you into jobs who very much value our unique certification.
Required Textbook: (Purchased Separately)
Howley, Edward T. and Thompson, Dixie L. 2017. Fitness Professional’s Handbook. 7th Edition. Publisher: Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL. The e-book costs $70 and the cost for the hard cover version is $89, plus $15.95 for shipping, and must be purchased by the student. Amazon Prime also has a rent a book set up. Check it out and save $. Order either version here
Who Should Enroll:
Fitness enthusiasts, coaches, college students in the field, massage therapists or anyone seeking a new career in the health and fitness industry
• Minimum 18 Years of age
• High School Diploma or GED
2 Certification Levels
Level 1 CPT – Pass both Written Exam & Practical Skills Exam (Includes test vouchers)
• NCCA Accredited program.
• Adult CPR/AED is required for the certification to be issued after the exams.
• Course requirements must be completed within 12 months of the original course start date.
• The 2-year renewal period is based on the original course completion date.
Level 2 CPT – Obtain a Level 1 CPT & Complete the 30 Hour Internship
• A direct pathway to employment by meeting and completing the internship at an employer’s place of business
• W.I.T.S. at no extra cost will assist in this step. An employer list is provided to all students.
• Optional 3 college credits towards a degree through the American Council on Education.
Fitness professionals have a range of opportunities for employment. Examples include:
• Sports and athletic teams (coaching)
• Gyms and fitness facilities (24 Hour Fitness, Gold’s Gyms, AnyTime Fitness & More)
• Corporate fitness centers
• Rehabilitation centers
• Self-employment (Fitness Studios)
Student Testimonial Videos: VIEW TESTIMONIALS from employers and past graduates