This is the 120-hour online component of the 184-hour course. This portion will be delivered online utilizing BC3’s Learning Management System (LMS) and provide the knowledge base for basic training in all aspects of emergency medical care that an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) is permitted to provide throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. This course will follow the current National Education Standard for the Emergency Medical Technician. Students must also complete the lab component with this program concurrently.
Registration Policy: Seats are filled on a first come, first serve basis when tuition is paid in full. We do not hold any seats for individuals and cannot accommodate adding extra seats into a class for late registration.
Refund Policy: To be eligible for a refund, students must request the refund at least 10 business days prior to the start of the class. No refunds will be issued after this time.
To successfully complete the EMT course students must:
- Maintain a 70% or higher cumulative grade on assignments and exams.
- Obtain the required clearances as required by the PA Child Protective Services Law (CPSL).
- Provide a current medical physical screening, vaccination history, and drug screening.
- Obtain the required NIMS on-line education in ICS 100, 200, 700, and 800.
- Complete an approved Hazmat Awareness program.
- Complete an 8-hour EMS shift and an 8-hour ER shift to obtain a minimum of 10 clinical patient contacts at an approved facility/ service
- Create a profile in the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians.
- Upon successfully meeting the completion criteria, the student will be eligible to take the psychomotor and cognitive examinations as offered through the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians. Successful completion of the exams are not guaranteed.
- Students must be 18 years of age
- Reliable internet access is required.
- This is a hybrid class which requires considerable time commitments outside of the regularly scheduled lab days.
- Active participation in the online class is required to validate attendance.
- An additional exam fee will be changed by PearsonVue testing sites for the cognitive examinations.
- Prehospital Emergency Care – Eleventh Edition, Mistovich, Karen, Pearson Publishing
- Basic Life Certification Material, American Heart Association
- EMS Platinum Testing, Pearson Publishing
- Hazmat Awareness
- Limmer Creative NREMT Test Prep Bundle