This 68 hour course will provide entry level emergency training in several aspects of emergency medical care that an Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) is permitted to provide throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. This course will follow the current National Education Standards for the Emergency Medical Responder.
To successfully complete the EMR course students must:
- Maintain a 70% or higher cumulative grade on written examinations.
- Obtain the required clearances as required by the PA Child Protective Services Law (CPSL).
- Obtain the required NIMS online education in ICS 100, 200, 700, and 800.
- Complete an approved Haz-Mat Awareness program.
- Create a profile in the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians.
Upon successfully meeting the completion criteria, the student will be eligible to take the psychomotor and cognitive examinations as offered through the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians. Successful completion of the exams are not guaranteed.
Seats are filled on a first come, first serve basis when tuition is paid in full. We do not hold any seats for individuals and cannot accomodate adding extra seats into a class for late registration.
To be eligible for a refund, students must request the refund at least 10 business days prior to the start of the class. No refunds will be issued after this time.
- Instructor to student ratio will be 1:24 for lecture sessions and 1:6 for all lab sessions
- This class requires time commitments outside of the regularly scheduled classroom hours
- Internet access is required for course activities outside of scheduled class hours and testing purposes
- An additional exam fee will be changed by PearsonVue testing sites for the cognitive examinations
- EMR First On The Scene, eleventh edition, Le Baudour, Bergerson & Wesley, Pearson publishing
If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com
or visit our webpage at http://bc3.edu/programs-classes/public-safety-training/index.html