This 184 hour course will provide basic training in all aspects of emergency medical care that an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) is permitted to provide throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. This course will follow the current National Education Standard for the Emergency Medical Technician.
- To successfully complete the EMT course students must:
- Maintain a 70% or higher cumulative grade on written examinations.
- Obtain the required clearances as required by the PA Child Protective Services Law (CPSL).
- Provide a current medical physical screening, vaccination history, and drug screening.
- Obtain the required NIMS on-line education in ICS 100, 200, 700, and 800.
- Complete an approved Hazmat Awareness program.
- Complete 10 clinical patient contacts at an approved facility and/or service
- Create a profile in the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians.
- Upon successfully meeting the completion criteria, the student will be eligible to take the psychomotor and cognitive examinations as offered through the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians. Successful completion of the exams are not guaranteed.
Registration Policy: Seats are filled on a first come, first serve basis when tuition is paid in full. We do not hold any seats for individuals and cannot accomodate adding extra seats into a class for late registration.
Refund Policy: To be eligible for a refund, students must request the refund at least 10 business days prior to the start of the class. No refunds will be issued after this time.
- Students must be 18 years of age
- This is a hybrid class which requires considerable time commitments outside of the regularly scheduled lab days.
- Instructor to student ratio will be 1:6 for all lab sessions.
- Complete all practical lab sessions with satisfactory performance.
- This class requires time commitments outside of the regularly scheduled classroom hours.
- Internet access is required for course activities outside of scheduled class hours and testing purposes.
- An additional exam fee will be changed by PearsonVue testing sites for the cognitive examinations.
- Prehospital Emergency Care – Eleventh Edition, Mistovich, Karen, Pearson Publishing
- Basic Life Certification Material, American Heart Association
- EMS Platinum Testing, Pearson Publishing
- Hazmat Awareness
- Limmer Creative NREMT Test Prep Bundle