This 184 hour course will provide basic training in all aspects of emergency medical care that an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) is permitted to provide throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. This course will follow the current National Education Standard for the Emergency Medical Technician.
To successfully complete the EMT course students must:
1. Maintain a 70% or higher cumulative grade on written examinations.
2.Obtain clearances as required by the PA Child Protective Services Law (CPSL).
3.Provide a current medical physical screening, vaccination history, and drug screening.
4.Obtain the required NIMS online education in ICS 100, 200, 700, and 800.
5.Complete an approved Haz-Mat Awareness program.
6.Complete 10 clinical patient contacts at an approved facility and/or service
7.Create a profile in the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician
Upon successfully meeting the completion criteria, the student will be eligible to take the psychomotor and cognitive examinations as offered through the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians. Successful completion of the exams are not guaranteed.
Seats are filled on a first come, first serve basis when tuition is paid in full. We do not hold any seats for individuals and cannot accomodate adding extra seats into a class for late registration.
To be eligible for a refund, students must request the refund at least 10 business days prior to the start of the class. No refunds will be issued after this time.
- Students must be 18 years of age
- Instructor to student ratio will be 1:24 for lecture sessions and 1:8 for all lab sessions.
- This class requires time commitments outside of the regularly scheduled classroom hours
- Internet access is required for course activities outside of scheduled class hours and testing purposes
- An additional exam fee will be changed by PearsonVue testing sites for the cognitive examinations
- Prehospital Emergency Care-eleventh Edition, Mistovich, Karen, Pearson Publishing
- EMS Testing
- BLS Certification Material and E-Card
- Hazmat Awareness
- LC Ready NREMT Test Prep Program
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit our webpage at http://bc3.edu/programs-classes/public-safety-training/index.html