The AHA’s HeartCode PALS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
This eLearning course is the self-directed online portion of HeartCode PALS blended learning, which is followed by a hands-on session for skills practice and testing. Upon registration, you will be registered for a hands-on skill lab at BC3 on a specific date and time. Once registration is complete, you will be emailed your access code within 24 hours.
HeartCode PALS is a comprehensive program that uses a series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. Using eSimulation technology, students can assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students also apply their knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation to facilitate learning.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to
- Perform high-quality Child CPR AED and Infant CPR per AHA BLS recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between respiratory distress and failure
- Perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post–cardiac arrest management
Students who successfully complete the PALS Course online (including achieving a score of 84% or higher on the course exam) and the hands-on session will receive a PALS Provider course completion card (eCard), valid for two years.
There is no refund period for any AHA Heartcode programs. No refunds will be issued at any time after registration.
Please Note: All CPR cards from the AHA are now sent as an e-card. There are no longer any paper cards distributed. It is required that you have a unique email address that you can claim your e-card from. Students cannot share an email address.