This 184 hour course will provide basic training in all aspects of emergency medical care that an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) is permitted to provide throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. This course will follow the current National Education Standard for the Emergency Medical Technician.
To successfully complete the EMT course students must:
1. Maintain a 70% or higher cumulative grade on written examinations.
2.Obtain clearances as required by the PA Child Protective Services Law (CPSL).
3.Provide a current medical physical screening, vaccination history, and drug screening.
4.Obtain the required NIMS online education in ICS 100, 200, 700, and 800.
5.Complete an approved Haz-Mat Awareness program.
6.Complete 10 clinical patient contacts at an approved facility and/or service
7.Create a profile in the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician
Upon successfully meeting the completion criteria, the student will be eligible to take the psychomotor and cognitive examinations as offered through the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians. Successful completion of the exams are not guaranteed.
- Students must be 18 years of age
- Instructor to student ratio will be 1:24 for lecture sessions and 1:8 for all lab sessions.
- This class requires time commitments outside of the regularly scheduled classroom hours
- Internet access is required for course activities outside of scheduled class hours and testing purposes
- An additional exam fee will be changed by PearsonVue testing sites for the cognitive examinations
- Emergency Care- thirteenth edition, Limmer & OKeefe, Pearson publishing
- Prehospital Emergency Care-ninth Edition, Mistovich, Karen, Pearson Publishing
- Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider, American Heart Association
- EMS Platinum Testing, Pearson Publishing
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit our webpage at http://bc3.edu/programs-classes/public-safety-training/index.html